Blizzard published today their plans for the coming patches 4.0.1, 4.0.3 and the actual Cataclysm start. This and todays announcement of the Arena Season Ending is a good sign that we might get Patch 4.0.1 in 2 Weeks on Oct 12th/13th.
Notice that only few features will make it into the Patch. Here is the full list:
Patch 4.0.1: Cataclysm Systems
As the Cataclysm draws ever closer, patch 4.0.1 will pave the way for the transition into the latest expansion. Players will gain access to a host of new systems features.
- Classes: revamped talent trees, updated hunter pet system, new druid, hunter, paladin, and warlock resources, new Mastery stat
- User Interface: improved Spellbook, new Guild display options, updated PvP interface, expanded and enhanced Professions tab
- Systems: glyph updates including all-new Prime glyphs, new Reforging ability to customize item stats, new PvP and PvE currency system
- And much more!
Read the 4.0.1 public test realm patch notes here.
Patch 4.0.3: The Shattering
Shortly before Cataclysm launches, Azeroth as you know it will be changed forever. Patch 4.0.3 will bring with it cataclysmic changes to the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Players will be able to find new and exciting sights to see and quests to do in the level 1-60 zones, all-new troll and gnome introductory experiences, redesigned capital cities, new race/class combinations, and more!
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
The third major World of Warcraft expansion, Cataclysm, is now deep in development. We continue to release previews of some of the major gameplay and content features in store for players on our forums and the official Cataclysm website.
- Check out our Features page for details on several of the major expansion features.
- You can find an assortment of gameplay and systems changes on our Cataclysm forum. To see our development plans for each World of Warcraft class, item stat and systems changes, updated dispel mechanics, rage normalization, and our all-new Mastery system preview, visit our forum compendium here.
- See the ever-expanding screenshot gallery updated daily with new images of Cataclysm.
Arena Season 8 Ending Soon
We are currently planning to end Arena Season 8 as early as October 12. At that point we will go through our normal process to determine who is eligible for the end-of-season rewards. This process should take approximately one week. It’s very important for players who feel that they may be eligible for the Arena-specific titles and/or the Wrathful Gladiator’s Frostwyrm to refrain from transferring their character to another realm until after Arena Season 8 ends.
The next Arena Season will begin for level-85 players approximately one week after the official launch of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. During the break between seasons, all rated matches will be turned off and only skirmishes will be available. All Team Ratings, Personal Rating, and Arena Points will be wiped when Arena Season 9 begins, but Matchmaking Rating and Honor Points converted to the new currency system will remain.
Here are some snippets from different 4.0.1 blue posts:
Feats of Strength
- Zul’Gurub is now a Feat of Strength.
- Deadliest Catch is now a Feat of Strength.
- Hero of the Zandalar Tribe is now a Feat of Strength.
- The Limnologist now requires 48 different freshwater fish. (Down from 50)
- The Oceanographer now requires 33 different saltwater fish. (Down from 34)
- Accomplished Angler no longer requires Deadliest Catch.
To do list:
- make sure you predownload the patch vie the blizzard downloader, the patch will be huge, even though the new downloader will help tremendously
- get all glyphs for your class, since they will be expensive on launch and under high demand 😀
Glyphs will be in 3 categories: prime, major and minor glyphs
- stock up on the new gems you will need, for example int = mana + spellpower
- don’t be afraid of „bad gear upgrades“, a lot of gear will be changed, Armor penetration -> crit for example
- get rid of extra ammo you may have now (Ammo will be removed)
- get your zandalar reputation (Zandalar will be changed to feat of strength)
- talent trees will be changed/reduced, there will only be 31 talent points at 4.0.1, you might want to get familiar with those before they launch.
- the new power auras will be introduced, that is one addon you can scratch 😀
- You might want to be 100% safe and be done with Immortal, Undying, Argent Defender, Herald of the Titans, Glory of the Raider
- This is the emblem and honor conversion patch, so you might want to read up on that here.