Since Bear Druids took a rough beating with the reduction of Swipe and Mangle Damage, Reduction of Critical strike Damage Bonus even Blizzard realized that the nerf was too big to keep us Druids as Tanks.
My Mangle did up to 2500 Damage on a Target while it is not at around 1200 Damage. I think its a tough cut for a 41 point Talent. I think there are other classes that deal many times more burst damage. I wonder when and if Warlocks, Undead Shadowpriests and Mages will be brought in Line as well. Till then we PvP doing Hurricane and Travelform.
This information is taken from: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=79628116&sid=1
- The Druid ability Lacerate will now land a small amount of instant damage, causing it to generate threat against bleed-immune creatures.
- The Druid ability Mangle (Bear) will now generate 50% bonus threat.
Additional explanation for these fixes and information on Armor:
We’ve taken a close look at constructive feedback provided on our Druid Bear changes, and are hotfixing the following changes today:
- Lacerate will now do a small amount of direct damage to the target. This means it will generate threat rather than an immune message when used on bleed-immune creatures. However, bleed-immune creatures will still not receive the debuff from Lacerate. This should address concerns about Druids being able to tank in specific bleed-immune encounters.
- Mangle (Bear) now generates 50% bonus threat on its damage. We realized that in reducing Mangle damage, we made it less useful as a snap aggro tool. This threat bonus moves it back up to almost where it was before the 2.0.10 changes.
- In addition, we examined concerns about the best Feral Druid armor pieces being outdoor world quest rewards, and Druids feeling their tanking ability would not scale with better gear. We are adjusting superior and epic leather pieces designed to be used by Bear Druids and increasing the armor on many of those items, particularly raid sets. These changes, however, will not show up until patch 2.1.0.
Here are the latest Druid notes from the live patch for 2.0.10:
- When the duration of "Cyclone" ends, area buffs such as "Leader of the Pack", "Tree of Life", and "Moonkin" will now be correctly resumed.
- "Bear Form" now grants 25% increased stamina instead of 25% increased health.
- "Dire Bear Form" now grants 25% increased stamina instead of 25% increased health. In addition, the armor bonus has been reduced from 450% to 400%.
- The multiplier on base weapon damage for "Mangle (Bear)" ability has been changed from 130% to 100%. In addition, the bonus damage has been reduced by the same ratio.
- "Savage Fury" no longer affects "Mangle (Bear)".
- "Savage Fury" no longer applies to "Maul" or "Swipe".
- The critical damage bonus on "Predatory Instincts" reduced from 3/6/9/12/15% to 2/4/6/8/10%.
- "Improved Leader of the Pack" can no longer get critical heals.
- The armor bonus from "Moonkin Form" has been increased from 360% to 400% (to match Dire Bear Form).
- The rage normalization equation has been adjusted to grant more rage.
Answers that have been provided at this point in time:
Regarding changes to Damage, Mitigation and Hitpoints:
About Druid Tanking:
In regard to further testing and feedback needed on Druid changes (This still holds true despite being live now. We are watching things still.):
PTR patch discussion thread for previous discussion reference: