While I am mostly playing around with this site behind the scenes there are often needs for some tweaks. I’d like the different parts of the blog post to the main site. But not only my personal blogs are hosted here, also some blogs from friends. Hence I had the need to stop the amazing plugin „WordPress MU Sitewide Tags Pages“ to post certain blogs.
An Acquaintance of mine plays in a Punk Rock Band and they have asked me to help animate their video. We managed to get it published for Olympia as a Protest vs all the corruption, etc around the Games. Hope you like it!
While transitioning from a normal WordPress single blog to WordPress Multisite, there were a few things to look out for. Nothing critical, but the solutions below might save you some time troubleshooting.
If you noticed the past weeks the speed of the server went down a bit, which was bugging me a lot. I am running Plesk 10 here and it is really annoying at times. Plesk is using its own system for everything and ofc it changes from version to version, which means it is often more luck than anything if you get things running right away. But I dared anyhow!
Do you know the feelign when sometimes there are more bots than visitors crawling over your site? You look at their websites and realize they are just some crapbots doing stuff that will not benefit you or your site at all. Instead they are just choking up your bandwidth. sometimes when this little server gets overwhelmed by requests the last requests in the log came from bots, especially baidu spider.
I decided that this has to stop!
This one took me a while to figure out. On my main site myrddin.de I am using a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to deliver files from different domains and speed up page loading times.
With the new design I am using a custom font and it displayed properly up till I activated said CDN. All Browsers but Firefox continued to properly display the Font and ofc I thought at first that it was my own fault.
After 5 years of writing and getting tired of linking urls that look like http://www.myrddin.de/2011/01/19/enhancement-shaman-soloable-bosses/ I thought it would be nice to get rid of the date part and shorten urls for irrelevant information. The whole purpose of the standard „year/month/day“ structure is to make it easier for wordpress to recognize an url as belonging to a post.
„WordPress updated Permalink Structure, rewrite htaccess“ weiterlesen
The past week I noticed errors and sometimes stalling performance of my PHP-applications. After some research I realized that the error might be related to some Linux distributions using only a small shared memory size which might cause APC to malfunction.
As stated previously about adding a „share this“ button to your artisteer geenerated post, it became more difficult to do that due to the modular way artisteer works now.
Generally I had the idea, to show an add ad the front of a post/page/list and if there were comments another small link ad before the comment form or after the third post.